What Are the Proofs of Muhammad’s Prophethood?
Name of Questioner: Alis
Date: 20-4-2016 02:17:04 PM
Consultant: Ask About Islam Editorial Staff
Can you give me some of the proofs of Muhammad’s Prophethood?
Thank you for your important question which touches on the life and message of our blessed Prophet, Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Muhammad ibn Abdullah is the final Messenger of Allah to all inhabitants of the earth. The proofs that show the truthfulness of the Prophet Muhammad and his genuineness are abundant.
With regard to your question, Sheikh `Abdur-Rahman `Abdul-Khaliq illustrates that the clear evidences that verify the Prophethood of Muhammad are countless. Some of them have been presented in following lines:
- The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) foretold of everything that would occur to him and his community after him, pertaining to victory, the removal of the tyrannical kingdom of Khosrau [the royal title for the Zoroastrian kings of Persia] and Caesar, and the establishment of the religion of Islam throughout the earth. These events occurred exactly as the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) foretold, as if he was reading the future from an open book.
- The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also brought an Arabic Quran that is the peak of eloquence and clarity. The Glorious Quran challenged those eloquent and fluent Arabs of his time, who initially belied him, to bring forth a single chapter like one of the many chapters of the Glorious Quran. The eloquent Arabs of his day were unable to contest this Glorious Quran.
- The life history of this Noble Prophet (peace be upon him) was a perfect example of an upright, merciful, compassionate, truthful, brave, generous, distant from all evil character, and ascetic in all worldly matters, while striving solely for the reward of the Hereafter. Moreover, in all his actions and dealings, he was ever mindful and fearful of Allah. Allah instilled great love for the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in the hearts of all who believed in and met him. This love reached such a degree that any of his companions would willingly sacrifice his (or her) self, mother or father for him.
- The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) came with a great religion in its creedal and legal framework. The Prophet Muhammad described Allah (glory be to Him) with qualities of complete perfection, and in a manner that is free of ascribing to Him any imperfection. Neither the philosophers nor the wise could ever describe Allah with such description. Indeed, it is impossible to imagine a person that possesses such complete ability, knowledge, and greatness; who has subdued the creation and who has encompassed everything in the universe, small or large; and who possesses such perfect mercy.
- Prophet Muhammad came with a perfect law based upon justice, equality, mercy and objectivity for all human activity on earth that touched on various spheres of human activity, such as buying and selling, marriage and divorce, renting, testimony, custody, and all other contracts that are necessary to maintain life and civilization on earth, with inimitable justice and effectiveness.
- The legal and creedal structure of the religion that was brought by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) resembles, in its miraculous nature, the creation of the heavens and the earth, being of the same source, i.e. God. The degree of inimitability of the Divine law that was sent down upon Muhammad is to the same degree of inimitability of the Divine creation of the heavens and earth. For just as humanity cannot create this universe, in the same manner humanity cannot bring forth a law like Allah’s Law that He sent down upon His servant and messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Please, keep in touch…
Source: Taken from www.sultan.org with modifications