- O You who have abandoned the prayer, what is left of your Islam after you have abandoned them?! Do not you know that it is the backbone of Islam and an indication of your belief?!
- You who have abandoned prayers! All creatures prostrate to Allah except for you, while Allah Almighty says:
“See you not that whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth, the sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains, the trees, Ad-Dawab [moving (living) creatures, beasts], and many of mankind prostrate themselves to Allah?! But there are many (men) on whom the punishment is justified.” (Al-Hajj: 18)
If you do not pray, then you will be among those on whom the punishment is justified.
- O you who have abandoned prayers! Do not you know that abandoning it is an act of disbelief, as the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “The pledge between us and them is (expressed by their performance of) the prayer; whosoever abandons it has disbelieved.” (Ahmad)
- O you who have abandoned prayers! Do not you know that slackening in it is a form of hypocrisy?! Allah says:
Indeed, the hypocrites [think to] deceive Allah, but He is deceiving them. And when they stand for prayer, they stand lazily, showing [themselves to] the people and not remembering Allah except a little.” (An-Nisa’: 142)
Do you not see that the hypocrites during the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him) would pray, although to be seen, while you don’t pray at all?!
- O you who have abandoned prayers! Do not you know that abandoning it causes heedlessness and hardness of the heart, as the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Let the people stop abandoning the Friday prayer, or else Allah will surely seal their hearts, and they will become of the heedless.”” (Muslim)
- O you who have abandoned prayers! Do not you know that this leads to the punishment in Hell, as Allah says:
[And asking them], “What put you into Saqar? They will say, “We were not of those who prayed. (Al-Muddaththir: 42-43)
- O you who have abandoned prayers! Do not you know that abandoning it causes worry, disorder and a difficult life, Allah says:
And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind.” He will say, “My Lord, why have you raised me blind while I was [once] seeing?” [ Allah ] will say, “Thus did Our signs come to you, and you forgot them; and thus will you this Day be forgotten.” (Ta-ha: 124-126)
What a pity and a waste! How is it that the years of your life are passing, and your heart is veiled from worshiping Allah; how can you depart this life and you did not taste the best of it?! Indeed the best of this life is worshiping Allah, mentioning Him and expressing your gratitude to Him.
- O you who have abandoned prayers! What remains to be important to you in your religion if you give no importance to your prayer? Do not you know that one who abandons prayer finds it easier to abandon other acts of worship?!
Repent, O heedless one, to Allah, before death comes to you while you have abandoned the prayer.
O you who have slackened in your prayer!!
What are you going to do after you learned about the great virtues of prayer?
What are you going to do after knowing the abundant awards set for those who pray?
What are you going to do after you learned about the punishment awaiting those who abandon it?
Are you going to continue slighting and neglecting your prayer?
Will you still insist to sleep through your prayers or delay them after their prescribed times?
Dear brother! Where is your ambition? Where is your strong determination? Where is your readiness for Paradise? Where is your adherence to the prescribed timings for prayers? Where is your early arrival for the Friday and congregational prayers?
Source: Respond to the Call of Prayer’s Book.